In achieving our short term goals, we often tend to ignore aspects of our life which might affect it adversely in the long term. Due attention to health has to be paid, and we are here to help you plan for any future expenses pertaining to healthcare. Having a proper Health Insurance Plan will ensure you do so comfortably without undue stress and minimum financial liability.
Why Do You Need Health Insurance?
Before we look at why we need a Health Insurance, it is prudent to understand what Health Insurance is and what is the importance of health insurance? Health insurance covers any kind of medical and/or surgical expenses of an individual.Accidents and illnesses cannot be predicted. They can happen to anyone, any time. With modern lifestyle, more and more people are leading a stressful and sedentary lifestyle. The reasons for which include workloads, improper food habits and irregular sleep patterns, resulting in a dramatic increase in lifestyle diseases. These diseases may lead to serious complications if left untreated. Health Insurance is a buffer that can protect you in such cases of medical emergencies. With the rising cost of healthcare in the country, having a good health Insurance in India is a wise decision to ensure you and your loved ones are taken care of, be it a small emergency like fever or a much bigger illness that needs prolonged hospitalisation or even an accident. Having a plan like Religare Health Insurance is a prudent way to ensure you and your family are taken care of, should the need for hospitalisation arise. Hospitalisation, without a good health insurance plan, can put a major dent in your finances with soaring hospital bills, tests and medicines, lost wages and other incidental expenses. Even a nuclear family of four can incur major healthcare costs in the form of health checkups, medicines and injury and illness treatments. An untimely health emergency can put your family finances in a tailspin. Your search for the best health insurance plans ends here.
Why Religare Health Insurance?
Zeroing in on a health insurance plan for your family is a tricky choice, given the number of insurers in the market who offer similar policies. It is not wise to simply choose the policy with the lowest amount of premium. You need to compare different policies, their features and benefits. You also have to carefully examine the fine print to compare coverage and understand exclusions. Religare offers a distinct set of benefits giving a clear choice for providing you with the best possible health insurance.
- You can apply for Religare insurance online and obtain a policy in no time
- Religare offers different family floater health insurance plans. Browse through our list of health insurance plans for family and pick a plan that is perfect for you
- You can choose from a variety of plans to suit your specific needs like Maternity Insurance, Critical Illness insurance and Health Insurance for Senior Citizens
- We offer the option of availing treatment at more than 5420 leading hospitals that accept our Mediclaim policy
- If you happen to file a claim, we will attend to the request personally without any 3rd party mediation
- Religare customer care is always ready to attend any grievances or questions you have.
- Religare has industry best settlement ratio of 92%
- Our products are designed keeping your convenience in mind. From the quick settlement of Mediclaim policies to availing treatment anywhere in the world, you ask for it, we deliver.
Key Features of Religare Health Plans
With over a decade of experience in various fields of health care, Religare provides overall excellence in health plans, making it easy for you to make the right choice.
- Provision of comprehensive insurance for you. The coverage starts 30 days before pre-hospitalization for all diagnosis work and goes beyond discharge by covering 60 days post hospitalisation. We are always with, and we will make sure our health insurance policy gives coverage throughout, for diagnosis, hospitalisation and post-discharge. It will stand by you from the start to the time you have completely recovered.
- Ambulance coverage is also provided through reimbursement of domestic road travel, keeping in mind that you get medical attention, especially in case of an emergency.
- In case of in-patient hospitalisation for a minimum of 24 consecutive hours, these comprehensive health insurance plans for family or individuals pay for room rent, nursing expenses and ICU charges if any, surgeon's fee, doctor's fee, anaesthesia charges, operation theatre charges, etc. If you do not need to stay for 24 hours or more, they still cover 540+ day procedures under the Mediclaim plans for family or individuals
- With the Lifelong Renewability feature, Religare honours their commitment to giving you the option for lifelong renewability, i.e. once enrolled, you can continue to stay covered for a lifetime, provided your insurance renewal is done from time to time. You can now renew insurance online too for your convenience.
- Unlike some insurance providers, our plans including 'care', come with no upper age limit for enrollment. So, rest assured, Health insurance for senior citizens is provided too.
- Avail no claim bonus of 10% annually up to a maximum of 50%
- Conditional coverage of alternative treatments like Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha and Homeopathy
- Automatic Recharge of Sum Insured is provided to keep your worries about medical expenses at bay by reimbursing the amount claimed by you in the financial year
- Other key features provided by our family health insurance being the reassurance of the second opinion, Organ donor cover, Annual health checkup, domiciliary hospitalisation, ICU charges, room charges and many more
- Our Critical Illness plan covers 32 critical diseases such as cancer, heart, surgeries etc. and also offer cashless treatment across 6000+ hospitals across the country. These plans are offered at a low premium with high coverage. They are available at easy instalment for your convenience
Types of Health insurance plans
We offer a host of Health insurance plans and services for your specific needs. To pick a plan that is most convenient for you, compare different plans, their features, benefits and premium and make your choice. The different health insurance plans offered by Religare are
- Individual health insurance plans
- Health insurance for senior citizens
- Comprehensive Health insurance plan
- Maternity Health Insurance
- Group Health Insurance
Comprehensive Family Health Insurance – Religare Care
A family floater health insurance is the best-suited health insurance plan for the family. As the name indicates, one single policy covers the entire family (Usually, You, spouse and children and in some cases parents and parents-in-law too). A floater medical policy for the family has many advantages over having individual policies for each member of your family. In addition to the convenience of not keeping a tab on all the individual policies, as it is one single policy with umbrella cover for the entire family, you get higher sum insured at an affordable premium. In a policy year, the entire sum insured amount can be utilised by one or more members of the family.
Religare Care is one of the best family health insurance plans in India. It is a comprehensive health insurance plan that offers coverage for you and your family. The plan comes with auto-renewal feature and free check-up facility making it one of the most sought after health insurance plans in India for the family.
Key features of Religare ‘Care’ Plan that caters to family medical insurance:
- Cashless facility across 6000+ hospital under Religare network
- Auto Renewal Health Insurance policy. If at all you run out of your health cover due to claims made, we will auto-renew the entire Sum Insured amount of your policy
- You can your family can avail free annual checkups
- Religare policies support global health care treatment
- You can obtain your policy online without the hassle of tons of paperwork
- The minimum age to enter this plan is 91 days, and there is no cap on maximum age.
- The policy provides the option of lifelong renewal upon expiry. It can be renewed under the then available Health Insurance Product, or it's the nearest substitute that is approved by IRDA
- The plan has a minimum waiting period of 30 days for illnesses except in case of emergencies like injuries. In the case of a pre-existing illness, the waiting period is 4 years of continuous coverage from the time of taking the plan
- You can enhance the sum insured only at the time of renewal
- No co-payment has to be paid if the age of the eldest member of the family at the time of taking the first policy with us is less than 61. Else, a co-pay of 20% is applicable
- A grace period of 30 days is provided for renewal upon expiry of the family health plan
- Coverage range from Rs.3 Lakhs to Rs.6 Crores depending on the plan
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses of 30 days and post hospitalisation expenses of 60 days are provided
- This plan offers tax benefit under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act
- Up to 150%, no claim bonus can be availed for special plans
- You can avail a discount 10% on a 3-year policy and avail a discount of 7.5% on a policy of 2 years
- It provides coverage that ranges from between Rs.3 Lakhs to Rs.6 Crores
Religare health insurance has 5 different budget options for family health insurance Policy popularly called Religare Care plans. Depending upon the coverage, their family health plan is divided into 5 categories.
- Super saver plan(care 3) – Sum assured is up to a maximum of 4 lakh rupees
- Elite plan(care 4) – Sum assured is in 4 lakhs, 7 lakhs and 10 lakhs
- Elite Plus Plan(care 5) – Sum assured is in 15, 20, 25,30 and 40 lakhs
- Global plan(care 6) - Sum assured is in 50, 60, 75 lakhs
- Global Plus plan (care 7) – Sum assured is in 1, 2, 3 and 6 crores.
Apart from the sum assured, these plans vary with respect to Max cap allowed in categories like alternate treatments, Domiciliary hospitalisation, ICU charges and Room rent.
Maternity Health Insurance – Religare Joy
The joy of a new addition to the family is wonderful. It is a dream come true that brings an immense amount of happiness to us. But in today’s world, the cost involved during the entire journey of around 9 months of pregnancy to delivery is very high. It will be wise to obtain health insurance that covers pregnancy. While obtaining health insurance, if you are going to expect a baby in the house, shop for an insurance plan that offers pregnancy insurance too. Religare Health Insurance presents Religare Joy, a comprehensive insurance plan that covers maternity health insurance.
Religare Joy is a maternity insurance policy that provides coverage for maternity and newborn babies.
The following is the eligibility criteria for Religare Joy:
- You need to be of at least 18 years of age to enter the policy, and the baby needs to be at least one day old to enter the policy
- Maximum entry age to enter into this maternity health insurance is 65 years for adults, 90 days for newborn babies, and 24 years for children.
- The exit age for the policy is lifelong
- The policy is available under individual and family floater too
- This maternity cover insurance comes with lifelong renewal. It can be renewed under the then existing health insurance with maternity benefits policy, or it's the nearest substitute that is approved by IRDA
- The waiting period for Religare joy policy is 30 days for any illness except accident, 24 months for maternity joy tomorrow, 9 months for maternity joy today, 2 years for specific treatment or illness, 4 years for pre-existing conditions
- You will have 30 days grace period to renew the policy upon expiry
- The Policy tenure is for 3 years
- Maternity cover is available only up to 45 years of age
For further assitance / information, Please Contact US